The Mercedes-Benz 190SL was produced between June 1955 and February 1963, it was the little brother to the legendary 300SL, produced with some of the beautiful lines from the 300SL. It used double wishbone suspension at the front and swing axles at the rear, just like the 300SL, in all 25,881 were produced.
It was powered by a 1.9 litre 104hp overhead cam engine that was based on the 300SL engine, though with two less cylinders, a different stroke and utilising dual twin choke solex carburettors rather than fuel injection. The car was available as either a softtop or with a removable hardtop, at extra cost. To help it achieve respectable performance some of the body panels were aluminium to keep the weight down, top speed was 106mph.